Thursday, January 5, 2012

Beauty secrets from the pantry

OK, so it is the beginning of the year and you have made all these resolutions, right?
Is pampering yourself one of them?  If not, it should!  It does not take much (time and money) to do so.

Just like with my food, I tried to use more natural products when it comes to "beauty".  I have not quite been able to remove all pre-made products but in some areas I have been able to convert very easily only using my own pantry.

My husband has asked me one day if I was able to make my own deodorant.  He suggested I use olive oil and tea bags under my arm pits.  For now, I think I will stick with regular deodorant, but this does not mean that I would not explore it in the future, although I don't think the oil and tea bags would be the right product to use and maybe not quite so discreet.

So far I have mostly focused on my hair and skin and here are a few of my "beauty secrets":


- for smooth skin, I pour milk in my bath and soak for about 15 min, if it was good enough for Cleopatra, I think it is good enough for me!
- for dry hair, I pour about a tablespoon of olive oil in the palm of my hands and rub it all over my hair and my scalp and let it sit while I bath.
  
   - for shiny hair, you can use white wine vinegar or fresh squeezed lemon juice, simply rinse you hair with it.
   
- for a facial mask, you can use 1 cup of plain yogurt, apply it all over your face and leave it on for 15-20 min, you can even add slices of cucumber or used tea bags to refresh your eyes.
Yogurt is also good if you have sunburn or a rash, it will help cool you down.

 

Here you have it.   What are your beauty secrets?

No comments:

Post a Comment